Northamptonshire A A Cross Country Championships
04 January 2020
** Race entries have now closed. A list of entrants will be displayed in the Race HQ along with their race category and Club**
Northamptonshire Athletic Association’s annual Cross Country Championships for all club and school athletes who qualify by virtue of:-
- Birth; or
- By 9 months’ continuous residency in Northamptonshire.
- Toilets and refreshments will be available throughout the day at Kingsway Boys Club, Croyland Park Road, Wellingborough.
- Presentation of awards will take place after each race.
- There are County medals for the first three individuals and first three teams in each category save for U20 where there are no team medals. Male and female junior athletes count in their own individual age category but will combine with Seniors and Veterans for the team result.
- Masters (vets) compete in the Senior category.
- Numbers will be collected on race day and will not be issued before hand.
- To be eligible to compete in this event, an athlete must:-
- Be a member of a club affiliated to England Athletics or another home country;
- Meet the eligibility requirements stated above (Birth/ 9 months’ residence).
- In addition to the above, both the athlete's Club and the athlete must be current financial members of England Athletics (or such other home country organisation) i.e. they have paid their fee for the current competition year). NB- Students are exempt from this requirement.
- Entry fees are:-
£5.00 for all age categories under 17 (including Under 17s) (plus online entry costs)
£7.00 for all age categories over 17 (plus online entry costs)
- Closing date for entries is Sunday 29 December 2019. Late entries are not accepted.
- Selection for the Inter Counties races (7 March 2020 at Prestwold Hall, Loughborough) will be the first 6 from each race with the remaining places being chosen at a selection meeting. To be considered for the Inter Counties an athlete must have entered these County Championships.
Note: This may be subject to change. Please see information provided on the day for final timings.
Race 1- U11 Boys and Girls (2000m): 11:00
Race 2- U13 Boys and Girls (3500m): 11:20
Race 3- U15 Boys and Girls (5000m): 11:45
Race 4- U17 Girls and Men (6000m): 12:20
Race 5- U20 Ladies and Senior Ladies (7500m) and U20 Men and Senior Men (10,000m): 13:10
The event is sponsored by Stronglines Physio of Wellingborough.
They are bringing their expertise as physiotherapists with a wealth of knowledge working with endurance athletes of all ages. Their clinic specialises in rehabilitating injury and improving running performance. They provide:
Programming for all distances and events
Strength and Conditioning
More information can be found here.
At this event they will be there to provide PRE-EVENT TAPING for any injuries to help you through the day but crucially, they are operating a TRIAGE CLINIC to give you knowledge of any niggles, nagging injuries, aches, pains that you have but also injury preventative strategies. No appointments necessary – first come first served and it is FREE on the day!
The prospects can be found on the NAA website here.
Registration open from: 11:00:00